St. Paul High School is proud to present the Inaugural Alumni Basketball Tournament taking place in the SPHS Gym on July 28-29, 2017. Men and women alumni are encouraged to come out and show of their skills in this double elimination tournament. Alumni from all decades are invited to gather fellow alumni and create a team to compete in the 1st alumni tournament in school history.
You may either form your own alumni team or sign up as an individual and you will be placed on a team closest to your graduating year.
Participation is $10 per person which will cover fees for referees, equipment and water or Gatorade. Games will begin Friday evening and resume on Saturday.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
To sign up, please contact Director of Alumni Relations, Andrew Gonzales ’05 at firstname.lastname@example.org or 562.698.6246 ext. 729
2017 St. Paul Alumni Basketball
Remember the purpose of the tournament is to enjoy the camaraderie among the alumni and raise funds for scholarships and the Phantom sport teams. Any player not exhibiting good sportsmanship will be expelled from tournament.
- Teams will be limited to 10 players and can be comprised of men and women.
- There shall be two twenty minute halves. Halftime will be five (5) minutes. The clock will stop the last 2 minutes of the 2nd half on every whistle if the difference in the score is nine (9) points or less. The clock runs if the score differential is ten (10) points or more.
- A 10 minute grace period will be given to each team from scheduled starting time. A team failing to appear with 4 players within grace period will forfeit the game.
- Teams will be allowed to play with four players during the course of the entire game if necessary. Once that 4th player fouls out, that player will be allowed to continue playing but each time that player commits a foul, that team will be penalized with a 2 shot technical foul & possession of the ball will be given to the offensive team.
- Offensive players will be allowed ten (10) seconds to cross the half court division line.
- A three (3) minute overtime will be allowed if needed. Clock will be stopped in the last minute of overtime play. Second overtime will play for Two (2) minutes. The clock will be stop in the last minute of play. If a third over time is needed, sudden death will be played for One (1) minute. First team to score a point wins.
- Four (4) time outs will be allowed during the game. One (1) additional time out will be granted for each overtime. No carryovers will be allowed.
- A jump ball will be used to start the game. Alternating possession will be used for all other jump ball situations. A 29.5 ball will be used.
- All substitute players will report to the scorers table and remain in the assigned area until they are called in by the official.
- No jewelry of any kind shall be worn during the game.
- Ball must be checked by the referee in all dead ball situations.
- Baseline time outs MAY NOT advance the ball to half court after a requested timeout in the last two (2) minutes of the game.
- Each player will be granted six (6) personal fouls before being disqualified from the game.
- Bonus free throws will be given on the 7th team foul. 2 shot fouls will be given on the 10th team foul. PLAY THE RELEASE!
- Technical fouls will consist of two shots & possession of the ball. Any player who receives a technical foul must sit for 3 game time minutes (NO EXCEPTIONS). Any player who receives two technical fouls in one game will be automatically disqualified from the game and will be suspended for their next game.
- Ejected players, coaches or team fans must leave the gym and grounds immediately. Players, coaches or fans who do not comply will be suspended from league play / participation indefinitely.
- All players must wear legal uniforms in league play. Jerseys must consist of common colors and permanent numbers. No tape on’s or write on’s.
- No duplicate numbers will be allowed in league play.
- Participants who do not have a jersey will not be allowed to play